Volunteering Matters offer the opportunity for people aged 18-35 to undertake the challenge of living away from home for 6-12 months while volunteering at one of a wide range of projects helping and supporting people and communities across the UK. You could be volunteering with people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities or mental health issues, older people, homeless people, families, children or young people. They work with a range of partners include schools, universities, social services departments, homeless hostels and other charities.
What will you be doing?
You could be carrying out a wide range of activities including:
- Befriending and supporting
- Acting as a mentor or role model
- Enabling access to social and leisure activities
- Helping with personal care
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as shopping, cooking or cleaning
Who can volunteer?
No previous experience or specific qualifications are required. You need to be:
- Able to commit for 6-12 months for 35-40 hours a week
- Aged between 18 – 35
- Able to move away from home and be placed anywhere in the UK
- Willing to be matched to a project where your help is most needed
- Able to provide two suitable references
- A UK, EU or EEA national and resident in the UK (If you are not a UK or EU/EEA national living in the UK, please contact us for more information)
What do you receive?
- Free accommodation
- Subsistence to cover food and day to day expenses
- Travel expenses to and from your project
- Return travel home every four months
- Support and relevant training
- Certificate and reference
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit track.studentladder.co.uk.