The BBC offer a wide range of Apprenticeship and trainee programmes. Opportunities exist within
Digital Journalism -You will work alongside BBC News teams on work placements and assist them with delivering quality News output and content, whether that is online and digital, radio or television. Meanwhile, you will be working towards a Level 3 Diploma in Journalism.
- An apprenticeship to train to be a journalist with the BBC – with a diploma in journalism accredited by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) at the end of it.
- You will learn how to create great content for BBC News across TV, radio, digital, online and social media.
- You will train and work alongside top Editors and staff across different parts of BBC News and Current Affairs.
- You will get to tell news stories which appeal to a whole range of people who might not normally watch or listen to the news.
Business Management and Administration
There are a number of apprenticeships on offer:
1) Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6)
2) Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4)
3) Marketing Executive Apprenticeship (Level 4)
4) Business Administrator Apprenticeship (Level 3)
As part of your programme (ranging from 18 months to 3 years depending on the nature of your chosen apprenticeship), we will support you as you work with passionate and skilled people in a variety of work placements across the BBC.
You will learn about the different areas of business such as Marketing, Project Management, Budget Management and Digital Technology – At the same time as studying towards a Level 3/4/6 qualification (depending on the nature of your chosen apprenticeship).
For the Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship, you will gain a degree in Business Management and have the option to apply for professional recognition as Chartered Managers and Members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMgr MCMI) and/or as a member of the Institute for Leadership & Management or other relevant professional body.
During the 12-monthBroadcast Production Assistant Apprenticeship scheme you will have the opportunity to combine work experience, in one of the exciting production areas, with college learning and bespoke training from theBBC Academy. Placements are offered in a range of TV, Radio and online content in bases across England. Some placement roles may require you to accompany your production team on location, so flexibility to travel is preferred, but not essential.
BBC also offer aBroadcast Production Assistant Apprenticeship (Level 3).The BBC Academy works with a training provider to deliver best-in-class courses and give apprentices a world-class foundation in production. This is a year-long programme where you will get to work on a range of content in the BBC, while studying towards a Level 3 apprenticeship. Providing an excellent practical understanding of Television, Radio and online production processes, this apprenticeship will equip you with knowledge and experience that will place you well for applying for future production entry-level contracts.
Following an initial training period, you will then work in a production team on a placement / range of placements, with training at regular intervals over the 12 months (usually in blocks of 1 or 2 weeks).
This scheme is an entry-level scheme aimed at people with a maximum academic qualification of A-levels or equivalent. There is no minimum academic entry requirement.
- Broadcast Engineering Degree Apprenticeship-You’ll get to work at the heart of technology at the BBC and with our industry partners, all while studying for a degree in Broadcast Engineering. You will rotate through engineering teams responsible for installing, fixing and maintaining the studios and equipment, and will also do placements with other departments working on engineering projects.The minimum academic criteria is at least 112 UCAS points (300 if before 2017), including a Maths A level or equivalent qualification or closely related subject.
- Broadcast OperatorApprenticeship-Working alongside journalists and programme makers are a dedicated team of Broadcast Operators who make sure the operational, craft and technical side of the business runs smoothly. This Apprenticeship is an entry level opportunity to join the BBC in towns and cities right across the country.Around 50% of the job is spent learning how to technically prepare, plan and facilitate Outside Broadcasts, news gathering operations, programme distribution, audio and video broadcasting. You’ll also learn about supporting local IT/Production systems and broadcast studio environments.
- Software engineering Degree Apprenticeship – This four-year degree apprenticeship enables you to experience different areas of BBC Design & Engineering, working on any of their dynamic products and services. As well as studying for a full bachelor’s degree in Digital and Technology Solutions you will also become experienced in many different languages and methodologies, getting theopportunity to work on a variety of platforms, from an iOS app to developing scalable code on Amazon Web Services.You need Level 3 qualifications, such as A levels or a BTEC National (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (e.g. maths or another science)
- Cyber Security Apprenticeship -The Information Security level 4 apprenticeship scheme is offered in partnership with a leading training provider. During the 18 month apprenticeship, you could be working within our Governance team or within our Security Operations Centre.
- Data Science Degree Apprenticeship – Glasgow based.The minimum academic criteria is at least 112 UCAS points (300 if before 2017), including a Maths A level or equivalent qualification or closely related subject.You’ll get to work at the heart of Data Science at the BBC, all while studying for a BSc degree with a UK University and completing this industry designed apprenticeship.
- Mechanical engineering Apprenticeship -Over the two year period of this scheme you will undertake a L3 qualification with a local college; you can also work towards professional accreditation by a recognised industry body like The Institute of Engineering and Technology at EngTech level.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.bbc.co.uk.